One-Day, In-Person Training Provides Eight Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credits
Washington, D.C. – December 12, 2022 – Graduate School USA (GSUSA) will host a one-day training conference on Thursday, January 19 that provides a fast-paced, concentrated exposure to best practices and insight for performing and leading impactful audits. The 2023 Auditing Skills Tune-Up event will take place at GSUSA’s headquarters. Register for the conference here.
- What: Learn New Skills and obtain eight CPEs by attending the 2023 Auditing Skills Training Conference. Participants select two of the following four offerings:
- Federal Appropriations Law for Auditors;
- The Emotionally Intelligent Auditor;
- Detection, Prevention, and Red Flags of Fraud;
- Data Analytics: Tools and Techniques.
- Courses are instructor-led and follow GSUSA’s Government Audit Training Institute (GATI) “Express Course” format, with participants taking one of the courses in the morning session and one in the afternoon session. Each course is 3.25 hours.
- Who Should Attend: Government auditors, analysts, managers, evaluators, and investigators who perform and lead audits in federal, state, and local government.
- Luncheon Speakers: Greg van Choyke, and Pamela Stroebel Powers, of the Institute of Internal Auditors. Lunch is included.
- When: January 19, 2023 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Where: Graduate School USA’s recently renovated training facility at 600 Maryland Ave SW, Washington, D.C.
- Register for the Training Conference here. The cost is $429 for early-bird pricing until December 29, and $479 afterward. Discount hotel options are available here.
“GSUSA is offering this professional development resource so auditors can make important discoveries and influence outcomes going forward,” said Steve Somers, President of GSUSA. “This event is designed to help those in auditing to employ best practices and insight learned from our subject matter experts.”
The courses are made possible through GSUSA’s Government Audit Training Institute (GATI), a premier provider of government audit training which offers 48 up-to-date courses that meet Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) CPE requirements. Most GATI courses align with DoD Financial Management Certification competencies.
ABOUT GRADUATE SCHOOL USA (GSUSA)
Graduate School USA is a leading training provider to the federal workforce with an extensive portfolio of government agency customers. It serves the federal, state and local government workforce through customized contract training (B2G) and open enrollment (B2C) to government professionals. GSUSA, accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET), is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Public Education, Inc. (Nasdaq: APEI), which educates service-minded students by providing career-focused higher education and career learning.