During this course, you will have the opportunity to gain an overview of Federal grants topics and terminology, roles and responsibilities, and rules and regulations – including the new Uniform Administrative Requirements at 2 CFR 200, commonly called the Super Circular. You will discuss and practice applying administrative requirements and basic cost principles within a team environment for a variety of scenarios and one comprehensive case study. Throughout the course, we will discuss common compliance problem areas with covered regulations, and potential solutions that are applicable to many agencies and private entities. Participants will also learn and apply the general and technical competencies identified by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to help ensure successful grants management outcomes.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for recipients of Federal assistance awards, pass-through entities, grant managers, grant specialists, Federal program and project staff (particularly individuals in the GS-1109 classification series), monitoring officials, and auditors whose duties include compliance testing and internal control certifications. Attorneys with suspension/debarment and other enforcement responsibilities will also benefit from this content.
This course is currently being offered in the following training modalities:
- OnDemand - GRNT7015A
- Class Length: Students have 6 months to complete any self-paced course.
- Virtual Instructor-Led - GRNT7015A
- Class Length: This class is listed as a 3 day course.
- OnDemand - GRNT7015A
- Define common types of grants and grant?related terminology
- Interpret common administrative and cost requirements within the new uniform grants management requirements
- Distinguish between the phases of the budget process and how grant budgets are developed
- Develop procedures for assessing risk relating to your program
- Address high-risk issues through developing, implementing, and evaluating agency/programmatic internal controls
- Understand and apply various sanctions and other remedies for instances of non-compliance
- Apply OPM’s general and professional competencies to grants management
Day 1 Morning - Introduction, grant history, legislation and class project
Afternoon - Administrative requirements, roles and responsibilities and the grants cycle
Day 2 Morning - Administrative requirements, roles and responsibilities and the grants cycle
Afternoon - exercises applying and interpreting to administrative requirements
Day 3 Morning - Introduction to cost principles, monitoring
Afternoon - Close-out procedures, sanctions