The Leadership Challenge© is for managers and executives who want to become an exemplary leaders in all aspects of their lives. Participants are introduced to the Five Best Practices of Exemplary Leadership based on the research of award-winning and best-selling authors, Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner. The curriculum addresses practices leaders use to transform values into actions, visions into realities, obstacles into innovations and risks into rewards. Participants will need to complete the following tasks prior to attending class: the Leadership Practice Inventory (LPI), a 360° assessment, Leadership Best Experience Essay and leadership characteristics questionnaire. Upon registration, participants will be provided the information to complete these requirements. Due to the amount of pre-course work, potential participants should register at least three weeks before the start of training to complete the required pre-course assignments.
Registration for the course will close early and no late registrants will be accepted.
“Leadership is about how leaders mobilize others to want to get extraordinary things done." - Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner
- Identify your leadership strengths and areas for improvement
- Communicate your fundamental values and beliefs
- Inspire others to share a common vision
- Focus on efforts on aligning key values and beliefs
- Build collaboration, teamwork and trust
- Strengthen the ability of others to excel
- Recognize the accomplishments of others
- Apply the Five Best Practices of Exemplary Leadership to a current organizational challenge
Benefits to participants:
- Conduct a leadership practice inventory.
- Are challenged to reach beyond what they thought possible for themselves and others.
- Develop a vision for their future.
- Learn how to challenge the process and take risks.
- Bring back strategies for collaboration.
- Expand their concepts of how to lead effectively.
Benefits to Organizations:
- Retain, support and grow talent.
- Gain trusted leaders who will be better equipped to lead and be led.
- Know that the training investment in leadership will reap huge rewards throughout their team.
Is this Course for You?
This course is for you if you want to see how others perceive you as a leader, through the 360o inventory assessment.
The Leadership Challenge© is for you if you want to be challenged to explore your relationship to leadership. Lastly, if you want to learn five practices of effective leadership which is key to the leadership process, then this course is for you.
In order to receive a certificate of completion for The Leadership Challenge©, participants must attend all days of instruction and complete all course requirements.
This course is open enrollment. Participants register online through our student registration system either directly or through an agency representative.