This course provides a comprehensive overview of congressional operations, culture and the legislative process. Participants come away with a deeper understanding of Congress as an institution, the committee system, communication with members and staff, business on the Senate and House floors, resolving differences, the budget process and key resources.
- Explain the leadership and organization of Congress, as well as the political forces that shape legislation
- Understand how congressional committees and floor procedures affect how a bill becomes a law
- Discuss the roles of personnel and committee staff
- Explain how the media, special interests and money influence policy formation
- Provide helpful resources for tracking congressional activity
Benefits to participants:
- Better informed about congressional operations as a whole.
- Learn about congressional rules in both the House and Senate.
- Have a better understanding of the role lobbyists, trade associations, and the media play in influencing Congress.
- Learn about the participation of the Executive Branch and Office of Management and Budget in the legislative process.
Benefits to organizations:
- Have employees who better understand how Congress works.
- Learn how to prepare for delivering congressional testimony.
- Gain access to training with proven success for 30 years.
Is this Course for You?
This course is ideal for executives who want a better understanding of the complex workings of Congress, and the roles the various agencies and influencers of congressional actions play.
In order to receive a certificate of completion for Congressional Operations Workshop, learners must attend all days of instruction and complete program requirements.
This is a contract only course at this time. Please reach out to us using the information provided below.