Clearly, you use Excel a lot in your role. By now, you're already familiar with Microsoft® Excel® 2021, its functions and formulas, a lot of its features and functionality, and its powerful data analysis tools. You are likely called upon to analyze and report on data frequently, work in collaboration with others to deliver actionable organizational intelligence, and keep and maintain workbooks for all manner of purposes. At this level of use and collaboration, you have also likely encountered your fair share of issues and challenges. You're too busy, though, to waste time scouring over workbooks to resolve issues or to perform repetitive, monotonous tasks. You need to know how to get Excel to do more for you so you can focus on what's really important: staying ahead of the competition. That's exactly what this course aims to help you do.
This course builds upon the foundational and intermediate knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Excel®:Introduction and Microsoft® Excel®: Intermediate courses to help you get the most of your Excel experience. The ability to collaborate with colleagues, automate complex or repetitive tasks, and use conditional logic and dynamic arrays to construct and apply elaborate formulas and functions will put the full power of Excel right at your fingertips. The more you learn about how to get Excel to do the hard work for you, the more you'll be able to focus on getting the answers you need from the vast amounts of data your organization generates.
This material will benefit users of any current Office version. The classroom environment setup is based on Excel 2021.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Excel Associate (Office 365 and Office 2021): Exam MO-200 and Excel Expert (Office 365 and Office 2021): Exam MO-201 certifications.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for students who already have foundational knowledge and skills in Excel 2021 and who wish to begin taking advantage of some of the higher-level functionality in Excel to analyze and present data.
This course is currently being offered in the following training modalities:
- Virtual Instructor-Led - SPRD9010A
- Class Length: This class is listed as a 3 day course.
- Virtual Instructor-Led - SPRD9010A
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to leverage the power of data analysis and presentation in order to make informed, intelligent organizational decisions.
- Work with multiple worksheets and workbooks
- Share and protect workbooks
- Automate workbook functionality
- Use Lookup functions, dynamic arrays, and formula auditing
- Forecast data
- Create sparklines and map data
Lesson 1: Working with Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- Topic A: Use Links and External References
- Topic B: Use 3-D References
- Topic C: Consolidate Data
Lesson 2: Sharing and Protecting Workbooks
- Topic A: Collaborate on a Workbook
- Topic B: Protect Worksheets and Workbooks
Lesson 3: Automating Workbook Functionality
- Topic A: Apply Data Validation
- Topic B: Search for Invalid Data and Formulas with Errors
- Topic C: Work with Macros
Lesson 4: Using Lookup Functions, Dynamic Arrays, and Formula Auditing
- Topic A: Use Lookup Functions
- Topic B: Use Dynamic Arrays and Dynamic Array Functions
- Topic C: Trace Cells
- Topic D: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
Lesson 5: Forecasting Data
- Topic A: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Data Tables
- Topic B: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Scenarios
- Topic C: Use the Goal Seek Feature
- Topic D: Forecast Data Trends
Lesson 6: Creating Sparklines and Mapping Data
Topic A: Create Sparklines
Topic B: Map Data
- Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Excel Associate (Office 365 and Office 2021): Exam MO-200
- Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to Excel Expert (Office 365 and Office 2021): Exam MO-201
- Appendix C: Microsoft® Excel® 2021 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
- Appendix D: Cube Functions
- Appendix E: Importing and Exporting Data
- Appendix F: Internationalizing Workbooks
- Appendix G: Working with Power Pivot
- Appendix H: Advanced Customization Options
- Appendix I: Working with Forms and Controls
- Appendix J: Using Array Formulas