Administrative Procedures Certificate Program
The Administrative Procedures Certificate gives an overview of organization and management with emphasis on the practical aspects of administering personnel, financial, and auxiliary services in the government.
AUDIENCE: The certificate program is suited for individuals who want to upgrade their skills, enhance their careers or start a new one.
Upon completion of the certificate program, students will be able to:
- Articulate the basic concepts of administrative planning and procedures for supervisory or administrative assistant positions, including planning, organizing, controlling, staffing and directing.
- Apply theories of management and leadership, problem solving, delegation, legislation and agency requirements, budgetary formulation and control, technological applications, personnel selection and appraisal, and time and stress management.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and interpersonal skills in a business environment in order to successfully complete individual and team projects.
- Use technology to support the role of the administrative professional.
- Produce crisp, clear and concise memos, letters, and reports.
- Use critical thinking skills to make decisions and assist in solving organizational issues.
The certificate program consists of six required courses and completion of two elective courses.
Elective Courses (complete 4 credits):